Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Yay for the sun!

The forecast for this week is much better which gives me hopes of staying motivated and on track with my new schedule. Cloudy, rainy days really affect me- something I have to get over when Thomas goes to school at... well... all of the cities he is looking at are kind of cold and dreary a lot- except maybe California :).

So Mondays are for menu planning, grocery shopping, and deep cleaning the kitchen. I actually managed to get all of that done!

Menu for the week:
M-Chicken Corn Tacos
T- Grilled Lamb Chops with spinach and lemon-mint sauce (this did not happen- keep reading)
W- *Date Night* (Three years!!)
T- Spicy Sloppy Joes
F- Rice and Beef Stuffed Peppers
S- *Other Plans*
S- Mac-N-Goat Cheese


I already had lots of chicken and some lamb, the sloppy joes and stuffed peppers share a lot of ingredients, and the mac-n-cheese is pretty basic. I'll share the recipes as I get to each meal- but the first two are linked above.

So, Monday went well, but now it's Wednesday and I already need to play catchup. It's ok- and you know why? Because Tuesday was on of the best days I have had in months! And that's saying a lot - my days are pretty good.

First, Eden slept until 7:45- that's about an extra hour and a half. Thomas turned off his alarm by accident and she did not wake us up before his work time. So as a family we peacefully slept in, it was spectacular. Since Thomas was already late and because I had fun plans for the day- he called in and took a spontaneous day off for family time. We had green milk and shamrock shaped french toast and played with Eden - bliss.
My dad showed up about 10 am and we headed to the Lufkin Zoo and then to UFO pizza for some lunch (yummy! the pizza, not the animals). Eden was good almost the entire trip and woke up just as we got home to play with her grandpa.
My dad left mid afternoon and we decided we had time to cook dinner for Thomas' dad's family They are moving into their new house this week and are super busy. Thomas relinquished his Tuesday night to himslef and helped me with Eden. Together we cooked a Morrocan feast consisting of Carrot salad, Couscous salad, and roasted Chicken thighs with Sweet and Golden potatos. It's what I learned at my cooking class a few weeks ago. Oh and maccoroni because I was afraid Thomas' sisters wouldn't eat the food, but just to prove how great yesterday was- they ate it! And liked it! We had a very pleasant evening in camp chairs on their new back deck/porch/outside palace (whatever you want to call it). We brought mint chocolate chip icecream for a St Patrick's day dessert and Thomas was able to snag a little bit of his evening back by getting in the hot tub with his fam while I watched Eden.
So, certainly that's it right? NO! Thomas and I capped the evening off by dragging my little dvd player to bed and watching Shadowlands- stopping at the part where everything is all figured out and happy- AND THEN we peacefully drifted off to sleep at the end of a perfect day.
YEAH- my life IS great :).

This morning I rescued my kitchen from the horrid mess I made yesterday. Now I have to clean the back bathroom which should have been done yesterday and clean our bedroom to keep up with my schedule.

Did I mention our 3rd anniversary is today and we get to celebrate with a babysitter and a mediterranean tapas cooking class?! (if you didn't catch it in my typing- I'm grinning like a giddy school girl :). Well- time to go get my own little giddy girl up from her nap!

1 comment:

Jillian Kay said...

Awww, happy anniversary!! Glad you had a fun day yesterday. :) I think sun is enough reason for you guys to move to California, lol. But I'm biased! ;-)