Saturday, March 14, 2009

Getting my act together...

So did anybody rent their FREE Redbox movie this past Monday!? I did! Eden and I had our first official movie night. Thomas and I have recently tried putting more of a schedule over our lives-we're still in planning mode and we'll always be flexible- but Monday's are now officially Family Movie Night. I'm so excited! Movies in our family are going to be a big treat as Eden grows up because we do not have cable television and actually have started watching movies less and less. I know she can't be excited about it yet but I can just picture her little curly head bopping around in excitement before future events :). We rented our movie, picked up a pizza, had a picnic at the SFA duck pond, saw Thomas off to his movie (we do actually plan to do this as a family in the future, but he wanted to see The Watchman and I wanted to watch Fireproof- can there be more polar opposites?), and Eden and I had a big, girly time.

Thomas and I have also agreed it would be healthy to have nights designated for our individual hobbies. He's grabbed Tuesday and I've grabbed Thursday. It worked out super well this week because a friend delivered her third child and FIRST BOY! Thursday morning (they wait to find out the sex of the baby- it was quite exciting). I finally got around to using this cute book, had a left-over- never-used onesie, and threw together the following gift in 2 hours:


I am so excited about how easy these little kimono pants were that I've already cut Eden's size out of the pattern and hope to make her a few pairs. But first, her easter dress must be finished! I have actually started sewing and to great relief am finding it easier than expected.

The rest of the scheduling is just for my sake. I finally divided up house cleaning chores and spread them out Monday-Saturday. Sundays are reserved for not doing anything or doing monthly tasks like cleaning the car or straightening the yard. I don't know how anyone else does it- but I need a schedule- otherwise I end up doing surface cleaning of every room, every day, all day long. I'm a little OCD about tidiness and dishes but not about deep cleaning- hopefully I'll have more time and a cleaner house if this works. I'd be interested to hear anyone else's systems!

1 comment:

Abigail... said...

I totally cried in Fireproof! Did you know that they actually switched the actresses at the end when Kirk Camren was kissing his wife? He is actually kissing HIS wife! Apparently he won't kiss other women anymore...isn't that sweet?!

This week I rented Leatherheads...cute, but forgettable but definitely great for FREE!!! ;-)