Thursday, March 26, 2009

Isn't this just supposed be a metaphor?


Sorry for the blurry picture, if you can't tell the window is broken. Seriously--- I think my scales are telling me something. To be honest, I have no idea how it broke, but it's not too far fetched that it was me. I have officially peaked at my post-baby-easy-weight loss and still have about 1/3 of what I gained- thus begins step 2 in Katie gets her act together. Normally I would refrain from publicly discussing something that I, and most women, consider a very private challenge. However, I recently learned during the cookie experiment and step 1 in getting my act togherther:cleaning, that I'm more apt to follow through with something if I make a public proclamation. Don't worry, there will be no mimicking of crazy radio dj stunts, no swearing to post a picture of myself in a bathing suit in three months, etc. Weight loss for me is a pretty slow process because I refuse to diet- none of this no carb/counting calories, etc. I just try to eat "right". Our meals usually show good habbits- lots of veggies, few breads/pastas, light/low-fat ingredients/ lean meats, etc, but they are NOT diet foods. I guess I'm saying that I'm still going to talk about our menus, and they're not going to look like I'm on a diet, so please don't judge me! (not that any of you sweet people would).

The plan will be to cut back on/cut out sweets and workout. Two things that I do very little of. I have a serious sweet tooth and I get little/no exercise- It's actually quite amazing that I don't gain weight. The fact that I live this way and still manage to creep off a few pounds leads me to believe that losing some "extra me" won't be TOO difficult if I follow through with these two goals.

This will probably lead to less blogging. Eden takes about 2 - 3 short naps while her daddy is at work. I have been using those to clean/blog-surf/and prep dinner. Exercising is going to take priority over EVERYTHING, or, let's face it, it will never happen. So Eden's first nap is exercising. I am going to lay out clothes and equipment the night before so I have no excuses. Her next nap will be dedicated to cleaning- don't want to undo step 1!

Hopefully this will lead to having free evenings to hang out with Thomas and Eden and slip in the occasional craft project- which is what you would all rather be reading about! I realize my life via blog may sound a bit boring/boxed in- but hey- I have a newborn. Cleaning/exercising/cooking (well maybe not cooking) are not what I want my life to be about! But it is important for me to find ways to make them routine and easy so that my life can be mostly consumed with family time and time to create. I'm always amazed when people seem to naturally balance all of these things, and work too! I really have to work at it- but at least our days don't look like this anymore:

- Thanks for sticking with me during my journey!

No comments: