Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Taking a Break

Taking a break from studying to eat lunch and check my mail. The writer of one of the blogs I read has started a new blog project with the following purpose:
"As crafters, the reasons we create are many. Just one may be to spread a little bit of peace into the world, to make a small but meaningful difference in one person's life through a simple act of crafting with intention. Mama to Mama seeks to find ways to connect handcrafters with
mothers, children and families in need of a little bit of handmade love."
I love the idea of the first project The Caps to Cap-Haitien Project: A partnership with Konbit Sante.
We just cleaned my house out of any old t-shirts that would have been appropriate so I'll be walmarting or thrifting it in the next few days. Since my test will be over, I'll have some time I can dedicate to anything I want (at least until Baby Eden arrives)! If anyone wants to contribute but doesn't have the time or sewing skills, feel free to give me cotton jersey t-shirts you have lying around. I think the deadline for submissions is the beginning of December so it'd have to be soon!

No comments: