Sunday, November 16, 2008

2 weeks, 4 days...

I am officially counting down the days now, not just the weeks. No signs that the due date will change any, and so far I'm ok with that :). We go back to the doctor tomorrow- I'll try to share if there is any exciting news about Eden's progress - minus details of course.

My hospital bag is packed minus Eden's things that need to be washed, some entertainment in the way of books/magazines, and a robe. I am having difficulty finding a lightweight robe. Seriously, it's Texas. I know that big fleece robes make people get into the holiday season and believe that it's winter- but--- ahem-- it's Texas, sale something lighter. I'm toying with the idea of sewing one for myself. Last time I made a robe it only took 8 hours, and I have since added new cutting tools that make the prep work faster. The only problem is I'd really like it to be knit- but sewing with knits terrifies me because I don't have a serger (if any one has a good used one they want to sale let me know). Though to be honest, I don't even know what I'm talking about, just that I've read that sewing with knits is awful without a serger. If you're a sewer and have suggestions, I'm all ears.

Eden's nursery is really close to being done. There are a few more things that need to happen- painting shadow boxes and filling them, hanging all other artwork, washing clothes, sheets, and blankets, and vacuuming. I think I'm procrastinating because it would be weird to have it all done. Of course this means no pictures yet :). In the meantime, here are a few projects I've been up to:

Aaron and April had Alena Grace a few weeks ago and I'm happy to report the completion of a few projects for her! I helped with one of April's showers and provided cloth napkins in a nursery toile design so that they could later be turned into a small quilt.

There was enough unused fabric to make the quilt- but I decided to use the napkins from the shower so it'd have a special sentiment to it. Some of the napkins even have a few spots :). I think multi-textured blankets are great for kids so I used flannel for the backing and silk for the binding.


The next project was a special request from the parents that I happily took on. I think it's becoming a tradition for me to paint something for my friend's nurseries (if twice can be considered tradition :) ).


Thomas is gone for the third week out of the last four, though, it's really nice that he's been home on the weekends. That way I am really able to rest up when he's here- although I'm afraid he doesn't get the same! Poor guy spends all week in a physically demanding job to come home and pick his pregnant wife off of couches, the bed, the floor- pick up all of the things I've dropped or think are too heavy. Luckily I was able to cook some requested food and accompany him to an action flick- providing him with a little R&R. He should be home Wednesday or Thursday and then will not have to travel again for a few months. I can't wait to see him with this little girl- he's gonna be such a good papa!

Just because we felt like we didn't have enough balls in the air- we decided to have our house repainted. Honestly, the windows already had some bare, exposed wood and were going to rot - not to mention the parts of the wood siding that have already rotted.... We did such a HORRIBLE job picking out the house colors. We're talking orange clay with mint green. Yeah.... but the good news is they were fixed with just one remix! If you come to our house- ignore the color of the back steps, in fact, just save yourselves the horror and use the front door until the new paint is up :). It is going to be so pretty for Christmas and all of the many visitors I'm sure we'll have!

Coming soon: Christmas Goodies for Eden, Cookies and more Cookies, and Nursery pictures.

1 comment:

Jillian Kay said...

ahhhhh, you're so talented!! i can't wait to get there to meet eden!!