Friday, August 15, 2008

I want some chocolate cake for breakfast...


So I have decided not to go to Dallas this weekend for many reasons, and I think it was a good decision. The things that we "needed" to do there have changed and no longer need to be done/can probably be done in Tyler instead. Also, I'm just still so exhausted! Don't listen to people when they tell you to get all the sleep you can before the baby comes- because it just adds to the list of things to worry about that aren't getting done. Sleep well before you get pregnant :).

I find out today whether the for-profit-cake (picture above) went over well. It was for a 9 year old's birthday..... yeah... most lucious cake I think any 9 year old might ever get. His mom said that when he saw the cake, he pouted, whining loudly "but mo-om, I said I wanted a homemade cake, not a store bought cake!" Ahhh such a cute un-knowning compliment from the little kid. So, at least it was pretty.

The recipe can be found here. It's a Martha Stewart Recipe for Rich Chocolate Cake with Ganache Frosting. I use 9 inch pans instead of the specialty ones the recipe calls for. Oh, and I didn't even attempt the shaved chocolate. Trying to hold onto chocolate in a Texas kitchen in August without it melting? Please. Being pregnant alone emits enough heat from my hands that would make the task impossible in the winter.

The cute tea towel in the picture was part of a set gifted to me by my mom last Christmas. She always finds the cutest things. Her back procedure yesterday went as expected- painfully but most likely successful. She won't know until a week from now if the procedure stopped the pain it was supposed to, but the doctors are optimistic. Thanks for all the prayers!

No comments: