Thursday, August 7, 2008

Back into the swing of things...

Well there has been a serious lack of baking… and blogging, but I have really good reasons! Pregnancy has thrust me from the camp of people with few food dislikes and a passion for trying new things to the camp of people who eat only safe, bland foods. As a result the joy of cooking for experimentation and tasty results is no longer appealing and the task has joined the ranks of other not so fun household chores. In spite of this development, I’m getting paid to bake soon! How crazy is that? I’m a little nervous that it’ll end in catastrophe but it’s a simple cake that I have made before. But do we need to ask ourselves what could go wrong? Ohhhh plenty :).

Although I’m not baking I’ve found other things to occupy my time (I can hear all the gasps of surprise). Currently I’m throwing myself into some sewing projects which have been really fun. After days of online searching I have gotten all of the fabric to make the bedding for Eden’s nursery, except the sheets which will be bought- I do have my limits even if they are a bit past the crazy line. This project involves making my second quilt, and I’ve once again chosen a pattern with lots of white accented by bright colors. I’ll post progress pictures as I go along. Most of the other projects will be top secret until after Christmas.

I just finished a project for which I was given two pillow shams and asked to make three throw pillows- square, rectangular, and circular. I love challenges and this involved using imagination and learning a lot of new skills. It all went well until the round pillow- adding cording to a round pillow is apparently not for beginners who are making up the pattern as they go along– but I think it’ll go over ok. I really want to make a bunch of comfy pillows for my living room now.

All of this extra time to sew is courtesy of being out of school. I passed my content state board and am now admittedly putting off my second state board because it’s so nice to not study! I’m really getting down the art of relaxing thanks to a sweet husband and some good friends. Thomas gifted me and Anna the best pedicure/manicure and we had a grand time being the only two customers in the salon for 3 hours. That mixed with large doses of pool time, a few out of town trips, and more than normal amounts of shopping has me plump and happy (ok, the plump part is Eden’s fault J ).
I really have a lot more to say but this is long enough already. I guess that’s why people blog every day…. Not every quarter….

No comments: