Saturday, October 24, 2009

Katherine - the Viking warior chef

I just noticed that my blog banner artwork is a little strange. All the kitchen tools in the apron pocket are normal...except one... huh.

Odd time for an update I know, but I HAVE to distract
myself from ebay. I just realized that you can type in Janie and Jack and you find over 3,000 listings of discounted, slightly used clothing from my favorite children's store. It's my favorite, but Eden has basically nothing from there because it's ridiculously expensive. Well, not ridiculously. The clothing, fabric, and design are all phenomenal- but I can barely bring myself to pay full price for clothing at Old Navy (and rarely do at that) so $80 for an infant dress is a bit crazy to me. Thomas and I recently took a small "vacation" to Houston--- interuption: can I call it a holiday? it was just a little weekend getaway/refreshing trip. Isn't that what the brits refer to as a holiday? it's such a useful term, AHEM--- Thomas and I recently took a small holiday to Houston and I got to actually buy something from Janie and Jack. Maybe it's because it's my favorite time of year, or because my daughter was born so close to the holidays, or because I'm a mind-warped-American-consumer, but there is just something so special about THE Christmas outfit. I went nuts last year trying to find the perfect one. Let's just say Janie and Jack had about 10 to choose from and I couldn't resist. Sooo, here it is:
Can't you just imagine it with tights and a red satin headband?? These pictures don't really do the fabric justice. Now if only shopping for myself was so easy.

No comments: