Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Decisions, Decisions

There are some BIG life changes looming over the horizon for our little family. Until we know for sure what we are doing in January I can't plan. People, I NEED to plan!! It's stressing me out and affecting my ability to make decisions. We're not talking about big decisions that actually require insight and spousal approval. We're talking should we get two or three pumpkins-when should I eat lunch-what conditioner should I use on my hair-should I spend an extra $2 organic milk???????. I get myself worked into a ball of anxious energy over the tiniest things, and seem unable to make the slightest move without asking Thomas' opinion. Poor guy! :). BREATH.

For my sake (ok, for Thomas' sake too) decisions need to be made- by me- throwing all caution to the wind and not worrying about what anyone else thinks. This might seem like a silly exercise- but I need to jump start my independent thinking processes. So I'm going to type out a list of decisions without consulting Thomas. Ok, here we go....

1) GET MY HAIR CUT- there, I made a decision - been fretting over that one for weeks
2) DO TAKEOUT FOR DINNER TOMORROW- I guess to make this a really good decision I should decide where.....(fighting urge to ask thomas).....(trying not to feel horribly conflicted because that's the point of this exercise)......Rancho Grande
3) ORDER THAT DRESS I'VE LOOKED AT EVERYDAY FOR A WEEK, in two sizes so I know at least one will fit right.
4) STOP MAKING THIS LIST AND GO TO BED!

But first, I want to leave you with a little eye candy. A little perk for reading through such a personal rant. Not being able to make a hard and fast decision has led me to create a little inspiration board of ideas for Eden's upcoming celebration (excuse the poor image quality). Enjoy!

1 comment:

Jillian Kay said...

:-) we're related, without question. i hate making decisions that *might* affect other people, even if they don't care and would prefer i just made the darn decision. i applaud your exercise :)

I love the scheme for eden's bday!! I just got done decorating my cube at work, and I made 9 paper poms in green and black in various sizes and hung them from the ceiling over my desk. Looks awesome!! I made mine, but you can also get them on etsy.