Monday, April 20, 2009

Featured Creativity

As promised, here are some photos of what I've been up to.


Eden's Easter Dress, which hopefully won't fall apart in the wash as soon as I attack it with some fabric glue. It's a bit big in the arms, but was very cute with a cropped white sweater and white satin shoes. Sewing tiny clothing is much faster and does not have to fit as well- I think I'd do it again.


Rykan was born last Thursday and so I hurriedly finished her receiving blanket. This project is very sweet and EXTREMELY useful so I try to make it for all the little babies I know. She was 7 lbs 11 oz, 1+ 1lb over Eden's birth weight, but I seriously could not remember Eden being so small! It was so pleasant holding such a tiny life AND I got to swaddle her :).



A couple from our church had there 3rd child and first boy about a month ago. We're collecting needed items and I got to make the basket, meaning I got to try out making a name banner. I used what I had except needing some ribbon. During their renovation, the Nacogdoches Walmart got rid of their craft/sewing section (boo) so all I could find was some expensive Martha Stewart ribbon. Worst ribbon ever!!! Oh well, it got done- all from my head, no pattern.


I love making handmade presents (as you can see) and whipped this together for my sister-in-laws birthday (it was yesterday so I can post pictures of it now). It came out a bit brighter than I expected and I'm glad it's permanent home is not my yellow kitchen. I changed the pattern a bit and I think it will work well in its intended home.



Well, I think that's about it! I'm currently working on a soft book for Eden, but it won't be done for a couple weeks. Speaking of the little sprout- I'll leave you with a picture of her:

1 comment:

Jillian Kay said...

She is soooo cuuute! I can't tell from the photos how big she is though, I can't wait to see her! Would she fit in a 6m outfit? I found a couple of cute ones on sale the other day...and coudln't help it. :)

Her easter dress is adorable!