Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Color Me Happy

For Christmas I got to spruce up our living room a bit. Yeah, I know that was four months ago, but it's taken me a bit to get everything framed and hung. We replaced the metal sculpture and clutter that previously decorated our mantel with some fun prints I'd been drooling over at etsy.com, got some colorful accents (rug, pillow, throw), and moved the furniture a bit (aka moved the recliner that broke the window twice).
Here are the results!

Before:




After:
Not a huge change, but it definitely feels more like us. Notice, the kid has replaced the cat :)



The next step is to replace the lace curtains with some colorful, handmade "roman shades." I'm not actually good enough to make real roman shades- it involves a lot of patience and some special hardware, but I did find an easy looking tutorial on Martha Stewart.

One of these fabrics, along with white solid, I think would be nice:

No comments: