Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Look! I have time to play in photoshop, you know what that means...

... Eden feels better!

Sorry for taking so long to report back on the health and well being of our family. I'd like to use being a full time mom as an excuse, but um, we all know my blogging habits.
So when I last left you Eden's Dr. had recommended a diet change. I had serious doubts, but it worked! There are still a few mixed emotions about the switch, but Eden's disposition dramatically changed within 6 hours of the recommended course of action. It took her about a week to have a random crying spell, and they are still very few. Now we are trudging along on this path, not the one we intended to be on, but isn't parenting all about the unexpected and following your gut concerning what's right for your child?

Currently we are chilling in the living room. Eden is in her pack'n'play enjoying her pimped out mobile (every girl should be so lucky). She has just been contentedly cooing away, entertaining herself for about 30 minutes now. Life is so different!
Of course the tales of parenting are never without a few bumps in the road. We moved her to the nursery on Friday and the timing was perfect! I have come down with a bad cold (flu??) and coughed all Sunday night and would have kept her up- not that she needed any help- she went from her schedule of bedtime at 9pm, feeding at 3am, up at 7am - to 9pm, 11pm, 1am, 3am, 5am, 7am.... I couldn't sleep in between because I was coughing so much. Thomas, who had slept through the night, was excited to come home and relieve me. Unfortunately, that afternoon he had a bad reaction to some medication and was too dizzy/nauseous to do anything (this also happened last Thursday, but I wasn't quite as sick and had a better night's sleep). Luckily, we have wonderful family/friends who babysat for a few hours.

So thank you for all the prayers, we're all back on track now. Thomas' side affects are all but gone, my bad cold now feels like bad allergies and my voice is back, and Eden is back to her regular sleeping schedule (did I mention that she often likes to party after her 3am feeding?).

Oh and if anyone wants to have a good laugh, I finally got my Babies'N'Me Pilates video. Eden is now going to be downgraded from cute, cuddly baby to workout equipment. This should be amusing- she weighs 12 lbs!

1 comment:

Jillian Kay said...

YAY!!! so glad to hear that you figured out what was wrong and were able to fix it. Sorry you guys weren't feeling well, but glad you're doing better! i can't wait to come visit this summer!